Want to get to the heart of your organization's culture? Focus on the story it tells about the daily experience of your employees. While many companies describe values as the backbone of their culture, it is truly defined by the day-to-day experience of each person. Your organization’s stories share what is encouraged and rewarded, and what is discouraged and stopped.
This multiphased approach helps organizations leverage an ongoing culture process to actively shape and maintain their desired culture:
- Gain awareness about what culture really is and how you actively shape
- Assess your current culture
- Define your desired culture
- Align your desired culture with your business and talent strategies
- Equip people leaders and teams to shape culture
- Measure and monitor culture